vCloud Client for the iPad
Hold your cloud in your hands with the new VMware vCloud Client for iPad. The VMware vCloud Client for iPad empowers users to view and inspect their VMs, provision environments, and perform basic workload operations –all from the convenience of an iPad.
You can download the VMware vCloud Client for the iPad from the Apple App Store.
What can it do?
- Inspect: View your VMs and vApps, perform basic troubleshooting, and e-mail error logs as needed.
- Provision: Easily provision a cloud computer system from your catalog of vApps.
- Operate: Power cycle your VMs or possibly extend the lease.
- Simple Installation from App Store
- Simple install onto your iPad from the Apple app store
- Once installed, use the same vCloud URL and login credentials as used on the Web client
vApp Access and Operations
- Leave notes about the vApp
- Power apps on and off
- Define/reset leases
- Conduct basic networking modifications
- Conduct configuration changes (guest customization)
Directly Provision Apps
- Create vApps from a catalog of templates
- Deploy apps directly from iPad client
Inspect and Troubleshoot
- Monitor tasks that are running or have run recently
- Share failed task descriptions (why tasks have failed) via e-mail
Remote Desktop Access
- Connect to your VM via RDP, SSH, or VNC (Compatible with select third-party clients)
Access Your Public/Hybrid Cloud Environment
- Log into a pubic cloud environment powered by a qualified service provider
- Demonstrate unified log in to VMware-based environment and directly file support tickets from your iPad (Provider-supported feature)
How does this work on the iPad, check out the video below: